webservice error – Invalid element in com.hof.mi.web.service.AdministrationServiceRequest
2 July, 2015
I am trying to implement simple webservice on YF7.1, but got an error during execution. I've took an example from /yellowfin7/development/examples/webservices
AdministrationServiceResponse rs = null;
AdministrationServiceRequest rsr = new AdministrationServiceRequest();
AdministrationServiceService ts = new AdministrationServiceServiceLocator("192.168.1.8", 8281, "/services/AdministrationService", false);
AdministrationServiceSoapBindingStub rssbs = (AdministrationServiceSoapBindingStub) ts.getAdministrationService();
rs = rssbs.remoteAdministrationCall(rsr);
but unfortunatelly, I get
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in com.hof.mi.web.service.AdministrationServiceRequest - people
When I use SoapUI, everything works fine.
Sorry for the delays in responding to your question.
As there has been recent changes to YF's webservice schema, you will need to access the latest Web services Java client library from the YF Support Portal.
If you run into any further issues, please let us know.
My colleague, who posted the question originally, used the web service library from the June 24th build of Yellwofin 7.1.
That should be the most recent one, right?
If you do a fresh installation of Yellowfin, the latest webservice library can be found within the /development folder of the installation. Upgrade patches do not contain the updated library, thus you will need to separately download the library from the Support portal if you need access to it.
Any additional questions, please let me know.
That is exactly what we did. We downloaded the newest library from the Portal and used it with the above code on the client side.
It still did not work.
We did not update the library on the server side, as I assume it is not used there.
Sorry for the delays in getting back to you on this.
One of our Developers have tested your code, and all works fine - as long as the client library version matches the YF version on the server, there should be no issues.
I've attached to this post a simple .jsp file that you can use to verify for sure the client and server versions - multiple client libraries might be causing your current issues.
Please let me know if this helps.
It seemed to be some version compatibility problem...upgraded server with newest library works.