Join on view calculated field
23 February, 2016
If I export the list of domain's from yellowfin into excel I can do a vlookup against the csv file and I come up with several matches.
Is there something I'm doing wrong that's causing the join to not work?
I just tried this and the joining on the email domain worked fine for me. I'm wondering if I took different steps from you.
I created a Freehand SQL Calculated Field in the view with the formula:
RIGHT(EmailAddress, LEN(EmailAddress) - CHARINDEX('@', EmailAddress))
(the DB is SQL Server)
Then created a CSV file with some email domains that matched those in the view.
I imported the CSV into Yellowfin via the View method.
Then I created a report based on the 1st view (i.e. the one with the Freehand SQL Calculated Field) and then did an Advanced Append Query to join with the imported CSV view, and the joins were correct.
Could you please confirm these steps or describe if yours were different, and maybe give a screenshot or two if you think it would help.