Can’t browse reports after upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2
19 May, 2016
We just upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2 and we can't see any of our existing reports or dashboards in the browse reports page as we used to in 7.1. I have searched based on the folders list as well as the search box but nothing comes up. On the other hand the dashboards page is functional and I can access the reports in the existing dashboards I had before the upgrade. No dashboards or reports come up after searching in the browse section. Please help.
I believe what you're facing is related to being 'zoomed' on the browser itself.
Can you please hit "CTRL + 0" to ensure you're not zoomed and let me know if this does not solve your issue.
However this has also been raised as a defect (#228104) as you should be able to zoom in on the page without losing the report list and will be fixed in the 7.2 June release.
Please let me know how it all goes.
This problem is happening even without zooming. When we click on browse option, nothing gets listed. However the moment we click the "activity stream" icon, content get listed. Is this a bug which has been addressed or the one slated to be released in Jun?
I think what you're facing differs from Daniels issue.
Have you only faced this issue once upgrading from 7.1 to 7.2?
Do you have admin access? Are you able to check content category security, and also report level security to ensure the content should be displayed in the browse list?
To revert to your queries:
1. Yes, this problem is being faced after migrating from 7.1 to 7.2. Hadn't encountered it earlier.
2. Yes, I do have admin privilege.
3. Content category security is set to Unsecured and Reports are saved as public.
The same problem is faced even with the demo content (skiteam) and not just the content created by the user.
Are we able to get a copy of your Yellowfin DB?
We don't need any actual data source information, just want to be able to check if this is an issue with the data itself or the code/browser.
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this post so we can get an ftp folder set up for you.
Running web app on Windows Server 2012, database is SQL Server 2014.
I was able to restore back to v7.1
YF Application DB has been handed over to support team through FTP folder.
Also what I noticed is that the content does get listed when accessed through Firefox and IE. However through Chrome, it doesn't show up unless we click on "Activity Stream" icon. So looks like a browser specific problem.
Any inputs from your end will help.
Can you please check with other browsers and see if you are facing similar issue.