Training Webinar: Organization Reference Codes in Yellowfin – join us!
January’s series of training Webinars – Organization Reference Codes in Yellowfin – will explore all the ins-and-outs of Organization Reference Codes (commonly referred to as Org Ref Codes) in Yellowfin, including:
- Defining an Org Ref Code and its purpose
- Identifying why and when you would use an Org Ref Code
- Demonstrating how to create and use an Org Ref Code
When and How
Register for a Webinar of your choice by clicking on a date below:
Webinar 2: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 10:00AM – 11:00AM London, UK GMT >
Webinar 3: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 3:00PM – 4:00PM Austin TX, America CST >
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing details outlining how to join your chosen Webinar.
We strongly encourage you to attend and take advantage of these complimentary training opportunities.
What will you learn?
Register for this month’s series of training Webinars, Organization Reference Codes in Yellowfin, to discover how to:
- Create Org Ref Codes in Yellowfin’s View Builder
- Manage Org Ref Codes in Yellowfin’s Administration Console
- Apply Org Ref Codes to fields in reports, filters and charts
- Use Org Ref Codes for custom sorting, chart colors, filter colors and images as well as Raster Maps
What is an Org Ref Code?
Numeric and Text based data displayed in a report can be translated from values held in the database to more meaningful values by adding a reference code to a dimension. This mapping is called Org Ref Codes.
Org Ref Codes should be used if:
- You wish to translate a value held in the data source into business terminology. For example, if male and female are stored as ‘M’ and ‘F’ you may want to translate these into ‘Male’ and ‘Female’.
- If you wish to apply customized sorting to a field. For example: Data returned in a query is usually displayed in Alpha / Numeric sort order. If your result set included: Admin Staff, Managers and Executive Management, your report may return results sorted alphabetically – Admin Staff, Executive Managers, Management. Hierarchically, your data may actually need to be ordered numerically – by the number associated with each type of employee, such as the total number of each type of employee, for example. This can be achieved by creating reference codes for the values and assigning a sort order to those codes.
Unable to make it?
The Webinars will be recorded for on-demand viewing for those unable to attend one of the scheduled session times. Look out for a link to the recording in the next Yellowfin Newsletter!
We look forward to seeing you there.
The team at Yellowfin